Monday, 20 April 2015

Petal Power

At a family gathering yesterday I was asked about my "Italy" blog and why I had stopped. Clearly the objective for that blog was to document my holiday in Italy and when it ended, so did my blogging. However, it did make me wonder whether there would be any value in keeping a record of what I have done, where I have been, who I have visited and occasionally what I think about life. I decided this would be useful to me and if any of my friends and family also want to read it, then I would be honoured.



Yesterday's brunch was for Rose's sister Val and her hubby Pete - a.k.a. Petal - who spent the weekend with us. They live in Swellendam and don't often come to visit so, being quite a special occasion we invited Scott and his fiancé Tommaso as well as Gray who was not able to come. Petal are in the middle of a 2 month trip around the country in their Land Cruiser which really gets my respect; both of them are over 70, they will live in the Land Cruiser for 2 months and will cover thousands of kilometres with no more than a GPS, credit card and camera (maybe a few other things) - eish! From here they are heading N/W towards the Limpopo river and then following its course via Marakele, Mapungubwe and then into the Kruger Park for 3 weeks before heading back home through KZN and the Eastern Cape. Go Petal!


Pete                    &                       Val



No comments:

Post a Comment